Ways to Maintain a Healthy Long Distance Relationship. There are challenges in keeping a healthy long distance relationship. It is not easy to have your partner away from you for days and weeks while they are in a different city, state or country. However, with the right perspective and commitment, one can have a happy and healthy long distance relationship.
The distance is what makes the heart grow fonder, isn’t it? While long distance relationships may not always last, the effort we put into maintaining a healthy long distance relationship is something that will endure.
People in long distance relationships have to use different tricks in order to keep the relationship healthy. Long distance relationship is not like any other normal relationship. It is a different experience altogether and it needs a little extra care.
Maintaining a healthy long distance relationship is not as simple as it sounds. Communicating effectively with your partner can be quite a challenge, especially when you are thousands of miles apart.
If you have ever been in a long distance relationship, you will know that they can be difficult. And when you don’t get to see or talk to your significant other all the time, it can be easy to break up with them. But maintaining a healthy long distance relationship is possible.
Long distance relationships are often thought of as the toughest kind of relationship. When you can’t see each other every day, it’s easy to lose interest in one another. If you are committed to making your long distance couple work, you’re going to need to have a good plan.
Before you begin having a long distance relationship, it is important to decide whether you are willing to overcome the challenges such relationships present.
Most people at one time or another have to maintain a long distance relationship. It’s inevitable, but some people handle it better than others and manage to keep their relationships alive and well.
Long distance relationships are a tough nut to crack. One needs to be very patient and flexible to be able to successfully build a long-term relationship with an LDR. This article will present some ways of managing your LDRs and maintaining a healthy relationship for far longer than you could ever imagine.
Read more article: How to Be a Good Wife to Your Husband
- Ways to Maintain a Healthy Long Distance Relationship
- What strengthens a long distance relationship?
- How do you stay connected with your partner in a long distance relationship?
- What should you not do in a long-distance relationship?
- What are red flags in a long-distance relationship?
- What do guys expect in a long-distance relationship?
- How can I make him feel special in a long-distance relationship?
- Should you talk everyday in a long-distance relationship?
- What are the signs of true love in long-distance relationship?
Ways to Maintain a Healthy Long Distance Relationship
A long distance relationship is a relationship that involves physical separation. Those in a long distance relationship are separated by time, space or both.
There can be many challenges in maintaining a long distance relationship and it requires a lot of effort and commitment from both partners to make it work.
Here are some ways to maintain a healthy long distance relationship:
1. Communicate often
Communication is key in any relationship, but even more so in a long distance one. You cannot rely on your partner to read your mind and know what you need at any given time so you may want to consider using technology such as Skype or Facetime for video calls etc.
Even if it’s just a quick phone call, maintaining consistent communication with your partner is essential in keeping a healthy long distance relationship. You don’t want your bond to deteriorate into nothing more than a text-only connection (which isn’t healthy for anyone).
2. Be supportive
When you are apart from each other physically, it can be difficult for both parties to get through the day without being reminded of how far apart they are from each other. Being supportive will help your partner feel better about their situation and make them feel loved and appreciated by you.
3. Make plans together
While it’s difficult to plan anything while you’re apart, doing so will help keep the bond between you strong and remind each other that your feelings are mutual. Another option is making plans for when you do finally see each other again after months or years apart!
4. Don’t cheat
It’s very easy for people to cheat when they’re in a long-distance relationship because they have more free time on their hands. This can lead to problems later on down the line if it isn’t dealt with early enough.
5. Be honest about your feelings
If it’s hard for you to see each other as often as you’d like, don’t try to hide your disappointment from your partner instead, talk about it openly so that they know what’s going on and can plan accordingly (for example, by suggesting a video chat or phone call).
And if one of you is having a bad day or week or month because of work worries or other stressors in life, be upfront about it so that it doesn’t affect your relationship negatively in any way.
6. Enjoy the time apart
Sometimes the best thing about being in a long distance relationship is getting to know yourself better and discovering what makes you happy when you’re not with your partner. Enjoy this time and try new things, it will make your future together even more exciting!
7. Be patient with each other’s schedules and needs
Just because you can’t see each other every day doesn’t mean that your relationship should suffer because of it. Remember that while you may not have time to spend together every day, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t still be able to have fun together through phone calls or emails or even webcam chats!
8. Stay active
This can be difficult when you’re living far away from one another, but staying active will help keep your mind off things and may even help strengthen your bond with your partner! Exercise is great because it releases endorphins which make us happy and boost our moods – this can help take our minds off missing our partners (for a bit).
9. Schedule FaceTime dates
While it’s impossible to hold hands or kiss over video calling, it’s still important to make time for one another. Schedule a daily call or weekly video chat session so that you can catch up on life and share stories about what’s going on at home.
10. Set reminders
Set reminders on your calendar so that you don’t forget important dates or anniversaries! You could even set up an alarm on your phone that goes off every time there’s an anniversary coming up. It would be especially great if you could both do this together so that neither of you forget anything. Read more:6-ways-to-maintain-a-healthy-long-distance-rela/
What strengthens a long distance relationship?
There are a lot of things that can strengthen a long-distance relationship. Communication is one of the most important aspects of any relationship, and without it, you will never be able to get close to someone.
In addition, you need to make sure there is enough time for your long-distance partner and you to spend together. This can be done through video chats, phone calls or even just sending letters. Sending letters can help both partners feel connected when they are apart.
Lastly, you must remember that both people in the relationship need to make an effort to stay connected. If you don’t make an effort for your partner then it’s going to make things difficult for both of you during your time apart.
How do you stay connected with your partner in a long distance relationship?
Long distance relationships can be very tough, especially if you’re in college and have to be away from your significant other for several months.
Here are some tips on how to stay connected with your partner:
Make a date night once a week
This doesn’t have to be expensive. Just call each other up and say, “Hey, let’s get together on Friday at 7pm for dinner.” You don’t even need to talk about the relationship, just enjoy each other’s company.
Send gifts and letters
Gifts can include anything from flowers or chocolates to stuffed animals or CDs with songs that remind you of your partner. Letters should include stories about what you’ve been doing and how much you miss them (and tell them they’re not allowed to read this part). They’ll love it!
Get creative with phone calls
Skype or FaceTime are free ways to video chat over the Internet; they’re great if one of you doesn’t have a webcam built into their computer already (or if one of you is at work). If neither of you have access to this technology, consider getting a calling card so that you can call each other without worrying about long distance charges or paying an exorbitant amount of money on top of your normal cell plan bill.
What should you not do in a long-distance relationship?
Long-distance relationships are hard enough to start, but once you’re in one, there are some things you should and shouldn’t do.
Here are 10 things you should never do in a long-distance relationship:
1. Do not forget about your partner
If you are in a long distance relationship, then it is important that you keep communicating with each other. This way, both of you will be able to know how the other one is doing and what they think about the relationship.
2. Do not forget the date of your anniversary
It is important that you remember all the special days like anniversaries and birthdays so that you can celebrate them together with your partner.
3. Do not let yourself get distracted by other people
Distractions like watching TV or playing games on your phone can take up all of your time, making it impossible for you to spend time with your significant other when they come over to visit you or vice versa!
4. Do not forget to have fun together
If both of your lives are too busy then it might be difficult to find time to go out and have fun together but if possible try to plan something fun every now and then so that even if life gets busy at least once a month or two months there’s always something special planned for both of you.
5. Don’t forget to communicate
In a long distance relationship, it is all too easy to get caught up in your daily life and forget that your partner is not with you. In order to stay connected and not lose the spark, make sure that you’re always communicating with each other.
Send each other short notes on social media, call them when you can and try to never go more than a day without speaking to one another.
6. Don’t be jealous
It’s so easy to get jealous when your partner is away from you but it’s important to remember that this is a temporary situation and they are still yours! It’s okay if they want to hang out with friends or go out without you once in a while because they need time away too. Just remember that as long as they come home at night then everything will be okay!
7. Don’t compare your relationship with others
Do not compare yourself or your relationship with other couples who are in long distance relationships, whether they are friends or family members. This can lead to feelings of resentment and jealousy which is not healthy at all in any relationship!
8. Do not forget your manners
When someone comes over to visit you or vice versa, it is important that you greet them with a big smile, give them a big hug and thank them for coming over! It shows how much you care about them and that you appreciate the time that they took out of their busy schedule just to come visit you!
Also make sure that when they leave from their visit, if at all possible, send them off with some chocolates or flowers so that they know how much you care about them too!
9. Don’t keep score of who’s doing more work in the relationship
If one person is traveling more often than the other or spending more time apart, that doesn’t automatically mean one person is doing more work than the other. Both partners should be working equally hard to make sure their relationship succeeds, whether that means helping their partner get through a tough situation or making sure they’re enjoying themselves when they travel for work or pleasure.
10. Don’t forget about your partner’s needs and wants
Just because your partner isn’t around all the time doesn’t mean their needs aren’t important or that you shouldn’t take care of them as if they were right there beside you every day of the week. Make sure that they still feel loved and supported even when they aren’t physically present with you all day every day.
What are red flags in a long-distance relationship?
There are always going to be some things that are difficult about any relationship, but if you’re committed to making your long-distance relationship work,
Here are some signs that it may not be working out:
1. Lack of communication and trust. If you don’t feel like your partner is being honest with you, or if you’re afraid to open up about yourself because it might lead to conflict, then there’s a problem brewing.
2. Insecurity on the part of one or both partners. If you feel insecure about your relationship, or if your partner seems to have an unhealthy level of jealousy or possessiveness, then that’s a red flag as well.
3. Inflexibility on either side. If one person wants to see each other every day while the other wants separation once in a while, this could be a problem. Or if one person doesn’t want to move anywhere while the other wants to live together immediately, this too can be problematic.
4. An unwillingness to compromise on either side. whether it’s about moving closer together or living apart longer, indicates that one or both of you aren’t ready for this kind of relationship yet.
5. A lack of trust can also show up as cheating on either side (or both), which is another big red flag!
6. Your partner doesn’t seem interested in making the relationship work. They might even try to break up with you because of how hard it is being apart!
7. You feel like you are being ignored or forgotten. If your partner is constantly pushing off plans with you because they have something else to do, this isn’t good.
If they keep canceling plans with you, then it could be that they are just as busy as you are, but if they keep saying “I’ll make it up to you later,” then that could mean that they don’t really care about spending time with you.
8. They aren’t willing to meet in person after a few months of dating. If your partner has been dating for over six months and still won’t meet in person, this could mean that they are only interested in having someone on the side for fun without any real commitment involved. If this is the case, then this could be a huge red flag for your long-distance relationship!
9. You feel like you’re constantly putting in more effort than your partner
10. You don’t feel like you can really talk about certain things with your partner because they live so far away
11. You think about breaking up with them all the time because it feels like too much work staying in touch all the time
12. You don’t trust each other. Trust is essential for any relationship to thrive, and this is especially true for long-distance relationships because you’re not around each other all the time to keep tabs on each other’s actions and behavior.
If you’re not sure whether your partner has your best interest at heart or if they’re being honest with you, then it’s time to reassess your commitment level, because if you have any doubts about their loyalty or commitment, then there will be nothing left but heartache down the road.
13. You don’t communicate well about sex anymore (or ever). Sex is an important part of any relationship, whether you’re living together or apart, so when it starts falling by the wayside due to distance, then there’s something wrong. Read more article: Clear signs a man is sexually attracted to u and wants to be with you
What do guys expect in a long-distance relationship?
Long-distance relationships are becoming more and more common in today’s world. With so many people going to college, choosing to live abroad or just traveling for a job, long distance relationships are inevitable.
However, they’re not always easy. After all, you don’t get to see each other every day and you have to rely on technology to keep the romance alive.
What do guys expect in a long-distance relationship? The good news is that most men are willing to make sacrifices for the sake of their partner’s happiness. However, there are some things that they just won’t tolerate.
Here are five(5) things men expect from women in long-distance relationships:
1. They want honesty from their partners.
Men expect honesty from their partners because it makes them feel secure and loved. Men love being able to talk about anything with their partners and if their girlfriends can’t be honest with them about their feelings or what’s going on in their lives then there will be problems down the road!
2. They need frequent communication from their partners.
Since men don’t get as much time with their girlfriends when they’re in long distance relationships, it’s important that they communicate frequently by phone or online chat to keep things fresh and exciting for both parties involved!
This means that if he doesn’t hear from you for a couple of days, he’ll start worrying about what’s going on with the relationship. So make sure that you’re keeping him up-to-date on your life and whereabouts at all times so that he knows where you are and what you’re doing.
3. They want to know you’ll be there for them when they come back home.
Men can sometimes be more sensitive than women, so it’s important not to take them for granted! If he’s gone out of town for business purposes or whatever other reason, make sure that when he returns home, he feels like his place is still safe and secure.
Even if he works away from home all the time (and has done so since before the two of you were together), make sure that there are no signs of another man living in his house while he was gone (i.e., another toothbrush in the bathroom). This will show him that you haven’t moved on while he is away.
4. They want their girlfriends to visit them often
Men who want their girlfriends to visit nearly every weekend or even more than once a month may seem demanding, but they don’t realize how much it means for their girlfriends when they make the trip across state lines just to spend time together.
If your boyfriend is asking for this much of your time, then he must really care about you and wants nothing more than for you two to continue seeing each other as often as possible.
5. They want their girlfriends to trust them
Guys who live far away from their significant others will often ask them not only if they miss them, but also if they trust them, because they do not want any doubts between them while they’re apart.
How can I make him feel special in a long-distance relationship?
In a long distance relationship, it is easy to feel lonely and miss your partner. If you want to make your boyfriend feel special, there are many things you can do.
1. Make him a playlist of love songs that remind you of him and send it to him on his birthday or any other special occasion. This will surely make him feel special and loved.
2. Send him cute messages or pictures that show how much you love him and miss him in your life.
3. Send gifts through the mail or through online services like Amazon or eBay so that they are delivered directly to his house.
4. Call him on Skype or Viber every day, even if only for a few minutes at a time, just to let him know that you are thinking about him and reminisce about all the good times you spent together when you were together physically in person.
5. Write letters or cards each week with updates on what’s been happening in your life since he last heard from you and send them through postal mail so they get there quickly and he can read them right away!
Read more article: Dealing with long-distance relationship
Should you talk everyday in a long-distance relationship?
Long-distance relationships are exciting and fun to start, but they can be difficult to keep going. In a long-distance relationship, you have the urge to see each other every day, but not being able to do so makes it hard to maintain the relationship.
If you want to keep your long-distance relationship healthy and strong, then you should talk everyday. You will still be able to stay connected and make sure that there are no misunderstandings between the two of you as well.
There is also another benefit to talking everyday in a long-distance relationship; it will help you feel like you never actually left each other’s side.
You will feel more secure about your relationship because you know that even though it may be hard for the two of you to spend time together physically, at least your love for one another has never gone away.
By talking every day in a long-distance relationship, not only do you get the chance to connect with each other emotionally and mentally, but it also gives both of you an opportunity to share your thoughts and feelings with one another.
That way if anything happens during the day that either of them wants or needs advice on, then they can always turn to their partner for help.
What are the signs of true love in long-distance relationship?
We are all aware of the fact that long-distance relationship is hard. But when you consider being in one, there are some signs that prove that it is true love. If you have these signs, then you should know that you are in a true love relationship. Read more: signs-of-true-love-in-a-relationship/
Here are some signs of true love in distance relationship:
1. You miss each other all the time
2. You wish they were with you all the time
3. You feel lonely without them around
4. You want to spend more time with them before going back home
5. You don’t care about what people think about your relationship
6. You communicate openly and honestly with each other
7. You make time for each other even when they’re busy with work or school
8. You support one another through life’s ups and downs.
9. You feel free to express yourself.
10. You look forward to seeing each other again at holidays and weekends.
11. You feel butterflies in your stomach when you think about him/her
12. You can’t wait to talk to him/her every day after work or school
Though long distance relationships are hard, there are certain things you can do to feel closer to your partner. Communication is essential and it’s important to keep being intimate even when you’re far from each other. Finally, both partners need to do their part so that they don’t feel alone. Do these three things in order to maintain a joyful and healthy relationship. Read more article: Healthy Habits for a Happy Relationship